Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm still confused on the issue

Question:
My 50" Sony Wega is sort of old though, only 1080i, and it was built pre HDMI days. I'll have to hook it up with the R/G/B cables, component I think it's called? That's how my DVD player right now (to take advantage of progressive scan) is hooked up as well as the TiVo. Do you know if Blue-Ray will output a 1080i signal? Will it work with component cables? I don't want to buy a new TV. All the stuff I find on the net is confusing. There are sites that say that even if your tv is 1080p, it is really doing 1080i or vice versa, I'm still confused on the issue.

Response:
Since I dont have HDMI source setup yet, I have not had the chance to test 1080i v 1080p. I do however probably get a better 1080i than you do (for free) since OTA is uncompressed.

You sound out of touch.. 'stuff on internet confusing'. I have not looked too much into so I think I am more out of touch than you, but I do know to get a BD player with lan connecttion to allow easy upgrades. Thus the best to get is the PS3.

It looks like the BD players released this year can do 1080p, but I dont see why you couldnt downconvert to a 1080i. Good luck...

I have ~8 inputs+2RF I think... 2HDMI, 1-S-video/composite,3Component, 1-composite, 1-VGA. I cant think of 8 sources... DVR, Sat,AppleTV, PS3, BD, VCR, DVD, SlingCatcher, OTA, CCTV, PC

No comments:

Post a Comment